Shintaro Kurachi (Meiji University, Senior Assistant Professor, School of Political Science and Economics)
2016.4~2017.3 Keio University Faculty of Economics, Research Associate)
2016.4~2019.3 Takasaki City University of Economics,Part-time Lecturer(Local Public Finance)
2017.4~2019.3 The Tokyo Institute for Municipal Research,Researcher
2019.4~ Meiji University, Senior Assistant Professor, School of Political Science and Economics
Quest for Ecological and Sustainable Economies in Eurasia:
Historical Paths and Future Strategies (ESEE),Collaborating Researcher
Keio University, Graduate School of Economics, M.A. 2013
Concentration: Public Finance, Tax policy in Nordic countries
Dissertation(Master): The Interaction of Tax Policy in the Nordic Countries ～ The Case of the introduction of Dual Income Tax in Sweden and Denmark ～
Public Finance (Tax policy and Social policy in Nordic countries)
- Kurachi,S.(2021)”Au Pair Argument：Gender, Immigration, and Local Public Finance “,Solidarity Economy in Denmark,Economic Policy Institute for Quality Life,No.292,May 2021.
- Kurachi, Shintaro (2021), “Denmark: Housing Safety Net for ‘Self-Reliance’,” in Kuniaki Tanabe (ed.), Tetsutaro Okada (ed.), Nobuyuki Izumida (ed.), National Institute of Population and Social Security Research, Japan’s Housing Security: From Quantitative Analysis and International Comparison, Keio University Press, pp. 189-210.
- Kurachi,S.(2019) “Environmental Taxes in Nordic Countries: The Danish Experiences with CO2 Taxes” Economia,69(2),2019.3, pp.41-60.(Japanese)
- Kurachi,S.(2018)”Universalism and Tax Consent in Denmark” Gisela Huerlimann,W. Elliot Brownlee,Eisaku Ide eds. Worlds of Taxation The Political Economy of Taxing, Spending, and Redistribution Since 1945,pp.99-129, Palgrave Macmillan.(English)
- Kurachi,S.(2017) ”Child Benefit and Transferable Basic Deduction in Denmark -Process of Gender Equality in Tax System”, Economic Policy for Quality Life, April 2017,No.243,pp.24-28.(Japanese).
- Kurachi,S.(2017)” Welfare chauvinism in Tax revolts and Anti-immigration movement”, Shiobara and Inazu eds. To transcend social divide, Seikyu-sha.(Japanese)
- Kurachi,S. (2016) “Tax revolts and tax autonomy in Denmark and Japan”, Three Historical Analyses on Japan’s Fiscal Issues -Researches on Japan’s tax policy, intergovernmental fiscal relation and elderly care system– (Rikkyo Institute of Economic Research Discussion Paper Series), DP2016-E-1, pp.18-47.(English)
- Kazuaki Sato, Yui Ohtsu, Shintaro Kurachi, Leo Shimamura, Yasuto Dobashi (2016)”An International Comparative Study of Financing Healthcare: The Case of Eight Developed Countries in 1990s- 2000s”Keio-IES Discussion Paper Series,DP2016-010.(download)
- Kurachi,S. (2016) “The Process of Universalism in the Danish Welfare System: The multi-tiered need’s testing system in Denmark”, Keio-IES Discussion Paper Series,DP2016-006.(download)]
- Shintaro Kurachi, Kazuaki Sato, Leo Shimamura (2016) “Why international cooperation on greening tax system failed? -The Case of EU, Nordic Countries, and Netherlands -“, Keio-IES Discussion Paper Series,DP2016-001.(Japanese), (English Abstract)
- Kurachi,S. (2015) “Methodological investigation in comparative public finance : international comparisonin fiscal sociology” , Mita journal of economics. Vol.107, No.4 (2015. 1) ,p.571(27)- 585(41). (Japanese)
- Kurachi,S. (2015) “Local Income Taxation and Intergovernmental Relationships in Denmark -Budget cooperation in the 1980s”, Keio-IES Discussion Paper Series,DP2015-004.(Japanese) (Abstract)
- Kurachi,S. (2014)”Interrelationship between the tax policies in Nordic countries — Introduction of dual income taxation in Denmark and Sweden”(Japanese),Public Finance after the Comprehensive Reform of Social Security and Tax in Japan,Yuhikaku.(Japanese)
- Kurachi,S. (2016) “A Comparative Historical Analysis of the Tax Revolts in Denmark and Japan” EIJS Seminar “Three Historical Analyses on Japan’s Fiscal Issues” 14 September 2016, Stockholm.(program) (Presentation pdf)
- Kurachi,S. (2016) “A Comparative Historical Analysis of Tax Revolts and Social Service in Denmark and the U.S. State California” Business and Tax Policies, Policy History Conference, 2016, June 3.(program pdf) (Presentation pdf)
- Kurachi,S. (2015)”The Process of Universalism in the Danish Welfare System” International Conference “Changing Fortune of the Fiscal State in Industrialized Democracies” at Odawara, July 31,2015.（Presentation pdf）
- Kurachi,S. (2014)“How did Denmark confront its tax revolt?” Social Science History Association Annual Meeting, Toronto, Tax Policy in Europe and the United States, November 6, 2014（Program）.
- “The Danish Welfare System since 1970s” ,Yokohama National University,
Graduate School of International Social sciences, MPE Program, Public Finance, 2017/01/17.
Public Finance (Meiji University, Teikyo University)
Seminar (Rikkyo University)
Japan Institute of Public Finance、Japan Association of Local Public Finance、Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies、Japan Association for Northern European Studies、Japan Sociological Society
- Keio University
- Faculty of Economics, Keio University
- Takasaki City University of Economics
- New Public Finance Seminar
- Japan Institute of Public Finance
- The Tokyo Institute for Municipal Research
1-1 Kanda-Surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8301